Last year, I set the goal to run 12 races in 2012. I had signed up for enough races to make this come true, however, the universe had other plans for me. While I didn’t finish 12 races last year (I did sign up for 12, but two feel through due to sickness and being overly tired due to finals), I came close and did accomplish a number of feats that I’m equally as proud of:
(1) I ran the 100th Anniversary Bay to Breakers (and walked back through it, and forwards again…covering 19+ miles in one day in costume)
(2) I ran my first triathlon on my 25th birthday – and placed first in my age class!
*This was in Minnesota in late December…I think that deserves extra points for not freezing off my California-spoiled ass.
(4) I finished 10 races in 2011
This was a year of firsts for me, and it has definitely helped me shape my new fitness goals for 2012. I’ve learned a lot about myself, and that I love a good challenge Some are pretty ambitious, but I love challenge.
2012 Fitness Goals
(1) Run 4 half marathons
(2) Run a sub-4 marathon
(3) Do a Sprint-Olympic triathlon weekend
(4) Complete a HIM
(5) Do 5 unassisted pull-ups
(6) Do an adventure-type race (Tough Mudder, Urbanathlon, etc)
(7) Improve rock climbing – advance to a V2/V3 in bouldering and up to a 5.10/5.11 in climbing.
(8) Track miles run
How did you stack up in 2011? What are your 2012 fitness goals?