Unintentionally extended weekend

So I have been m.i.a. the past few days — but with legit reasons.

Friday night I baked cookies for Mr. K and his brother and for the bachelorette party.  I made fun shaped sugar cookies (use your imagination) and prepared for the bachelorette party on Saturday.

Saturday morning I got up and went for an awesome 10.35 mile run in about 1:29:– (I don’t have the exact time on me) with a mile combined warm up/cool down.  I ran along Lake Shore Drive in the early morning fog/mist and it felt awesome.  It was great to have my legs back.  i also ate two granola bars while running — I didn’t even have to stop to eat them.

Unfortunately, I struggled with my refueling (even though I hate cereal+pb+almond milk+6″ turkey/ham sammich+skittles+green peppers+gallons of water) and around 5pm I started getting really nauseous and dizzy.  But, the show had to go on — as I was the one throwing the party.  As such, the party continued and I just tried to keep feeding myself, assuming my body was just suffering from lack of good fueling.

The party went really well, minus the L ride to the bars.  En route, we had to wait for the L which was delayed for 20 minutes at the stop before us (then we had to watch one speed by our stop on Express since there was now an L backup), and then four or five stops later we found ourselves being stopped by the police who were looking for a man named “Leonard.”  We only know his name was Leonard because after two police ran by the train with their guns pulled, a S.W.A.T. team member all of a sudden appeared in our car (yes two feet in front of my face) with is assault rifle pulled out and proceeded to wave the gun at three separate guys dressed similarly and stated “Leonard.  Come on, get up.  Get up and off the train.”  Thankfully, they obliged the S.W.A.T. team and got off the train.  Still one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.  I never want to see an assault rifle that close to my face again.

The L then continued on to the next stop, where the police arrived again, and instructed us all to get on a new train coming on the outside track.  We encountered them again at the next stop, with additional delays and an hour and a half after arriving at the L stop to head to the bars we finally made it (this trip should have taken 30-40 minutes max).  Needless to say, drinks were needed — though, I will still feeling sick and ended up chugging a ton of water.

The night ended late, but was a ton of fun — I love hanging out with the group of girls who came out to celebrate the bride-to-be.  I also met some people from San Francisco who were able to give me advice about the Northern California area, and really pumped me up for my move.

Then, going back to the “nauseous and dizzy” feeling I had Saturday, I proceeded to get a fever and sicker on Sunday, that carried over into Monday and finally subsided yesterday afternoon.  I spent a lot of time in my bed, watching hulu, sweating through t-shirts.  It was 90 degrees and like 80% humidity here in Chicago, so I cranked the a.c. in my room, but fever+heat+humidity+nausea=really sick girl.  And really delusional.  Hence the hiatus from blogging, and the unintentionally extended weekend.  And unwanted weekend extension.

And I promise, I’m working on the photo thing.  But my Dell died this weekend, so luckily I have a new computer which I bought from H.P., but I’m still figuring out how it works, and I can’t plug in a camera at work as my computer doesn’t have a memory card slot.  Major fail work, major fail.

So due to the fact my eats over the past two 1/2 to three days were rather odd, I’ll just give you this morning’s eats:

Super Protein Oats
1/3 c oats
1 tbsp Amazing Meal
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp unsalted Trader Joe’s creamy peanut butter
1 packet stevia
1/4 c Diamond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk

and an apple.

I’m also currently drinking an Sublime Mate from Honest Tea.  It is my first time trying this flavor, and I absolutely love it.  It has a hint of sweetness, without too much, and I’m getting my daily dose of Mate (I became addicted during my 6 month study abroad in Argentina).  Delish.  And, all the ingredients are organic/natural.  I highly recommend it.

And with that, I’ve got work to do!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s